Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Merci

My upline challenged us to make a project from Stampin' Up!'s list. I love this set from Sale-A-Bration. When I saw it the first time, I knew I would get it. It is fun and light and has a carefree look to it.

This was my first attempt at watercoloring. How fun. I used my Aquapainter and went to work. I purposely when out of the lines to give it that carefree look. The colors for the card are Old Olive, Ruby Red, More Mustard, and Almost Amethyst. The ink is the same. I added some Hodgepodge Hardware and my card was complete.

A few tips on watercoloring. Use Stazon Ink so the black doesn't run. Also, if you have watercolor paper use that. If you are using regular cardstock, which I did, just be careful how much water you are using. The paper can't hold that must moisture and you will end up with an icky looking image.

If you must have this set like I did, just contact me to place your order by March 17th!

No comments: